Local SEOGet found by people around you.
If this website SEO-thing is new to you your first reaction is probably, “there’s SEO and Local SEO? What the heck?”
Yes there is. But the good news is that it is not completely separate from SEO, it’s more of a marketing angle. Once you start the SEO process your SEO strategy will lean to either SEO or Local SEO based on your industry and your customers. The subtle difference is Local SEO has a greater focus on geo-targeting such as a city, or area within a city. Most of our clients only focus on Local SEO and not only is Local SEO just a good idea, it’s a must-have strategy for local, small businesses. Why? Mobile, Mobile, Mobile. People who are accessing the Internet from their phone are more likely to make a purchasing decision. Here’s a few questions to see if you need local SEO:
1. Do you have a brick and mortar store? Do you rely on local traffic (within 5 miles generally) for most sales?
2. Are customers finding your business on their phone (i.e. mobile web)?
3. Are reviews important to your business? Or, have you noticed that your competitors have more and better reviews than you do? We offer Reputation Management.
Local SEO Checklist for Fresno, CA
1. Website – include regional, local, or even urban indicators on your website – page copy, header tags, meta-descriptions, etc. (I added Fresno, CA to the headline above as an example)
2. Claim your Google My Business Page and update the information (formerly Google+).
3. Claim your listing on Review sites such as Yelp, TripAdvisor, etc.
4. Make sure your Social Media accounts have local addresses.
5. Embed a Google Map on your website.
6. Have a Review Strategy.
6. Okay, there’s a lot more to do and you need to manage all of these accounts. So call us to learn about our Top 20 SEO Checklist and we will take it from there.
Over 85% of Millennials (Adults 18-34) own a smart phone.
Largest US age group on Yelp: 35-54 (36% of reviews)
4 out of 5 (87%) US consumers say they have used their smart phone or tablet for shopping purposes.